Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Rainy Thought

To feel the cold wind caress

I moved the curtains, opened the pane

Although strong, they gently stroked my face

To let me know the onset of rain.

I, could smell the moist mud,

See dark clouds filling the sky;

Amid the clouds the crimson sun;

Trees swaying and birds fly.

A puppy strolling on the street

Ran to take refuge under the tree,

I noticed tiny water droplets descend

Yes, it’s heaven’s happiness spree!

Though it was just a drizzle

I saw the grass gleam,

On my nose, I felt a tickle

Against the window, as I lean

I ran to the door and flung it open,

Ran to street, looked above to see

With great joy, I looked around too

To find no one around, it was just me

Suddenly, the rain started to pour

And the sky began to roar

I ran back home, to the window again

Now, I stand here to watch the rain

And some thoughts with none to share

“Is it the rain or life that’s unfair?”

No comments: