Monday, October 20, 2008
Friday, July 25, 2008
Tagged by Ganesh
Rule: Please thoughtfully consider the following, and choose one item for each of the categories below. (Be sure to describe your reasons for choosing)
1) One religious work from a non-familiar tradition you’ll read…
African tribal tradition...No...not because Pramod Kamath's language and behavior is very African jungle like . I watched the movie "Amistad" recently, absolutely unforgettable movie. Dialogues about traditions made me curious to know more.
2) One song that you like–from your ‘least likely to listen to’ genre…
"Twinkle twinkle little star" :) ....yes, Nursery rhymes...they are songs too.
3) A book from a genre you almost never read, that you have read, or you will read (promise!):
Bhagavat Gita ....I know I have to read it to live a life better, but I know I'll end up reading it when 3/4ths of my life is over I will read it though, someday.
4) Somewhere you’d never thought to go on holiday/vacation, and why it might be fun to go there?
To a five star resort....I hate going to such places for a vacation coz I wont get to do much. I may enjoy it later...later when I am 70 yrs old! Now, my idea of a vacation is camping
5) A specific food you’ve never tried, but will because of this meme, honest!
Flavored yogurt! Will try it someday, but I'm sure I wont like it.
6) A sport or game you really hate, or haven’t tried yet, but are willing to give one more go:
Golf! Feels like it's the most boring game ever.....so slow and so sleepy.... but, I'm sure that when I start playing it, I'll like it. Its nice to be in such a green environment.
7) A style of dance you probably won’t try (we won’t make you promise on this one)
Dappan Kuthu The Vadivelu style! Its so monkey like! Yup, my style :)...but I still will never try!
8 ) A career job you don’t feel you’re suited for, and why:
Road sweeper ...u see, I'm allergic to dust :(
9) What is it that you will dare to wear which you have never worn before?
Snake around my neck ... would love to do that someday!
10) If there’s one thing in life you wanted to do, and will do because of this meme, what will it be?
I will never write such a boring n serious post again!....I always wanted to write interesting and funny posts, but it turns out to be so serious all time :( Gans...help maadi
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
No thorns of roses in my hand
On my shoulders a big sack
A sack full of shells and sand
I can’t put it down anywhere
This bag full of sweet memory
Try hard to treasure it and care
But it fills me with ache and ire
Sweet old times near the beach
The old shells, they break
Wet feet dry and they teach
That old times can now be fake!
Monday, July 14, 2008
This post is based on Ganesh's blog-post
3 People who Make Me Laugh (Just by seeing or by the jokes they crack?? )
- Krishna (A funny cute close lovely fat friend-we call him Haathi...just remembering him makes me smile)
- Srikanth (Mr. Bean/BJ/CB/Sriki)
- Harit (oh! the funny fights we have)
3 Things I Hate
- Missing loved ones
- Missing out on treks that friends plan only when I'm away [I hope this pricks a few
Watching Star wars - keeps coming on TV, I'm fed up.
3 Things I Don’t Understand
- Close friend's anger
- how to react when people dont scold me for some dumb things I do
- American Visa process
3 Things I’m Doing Right Now
- Sitting on my sofa, sipping orange juice and typing this post.
- Praying that I start work soon
- Chatting with Ragima
3 Things I Can Do Right Now
- Can go and sleep coz i need to wake up early
- Can wake up Arun and then irritate him a lil
- Can get mad at Gans for tagging me into this ...grrrr
3 Ways to Describe My Personality
3 More Ways to Describe My Personality
- very modest ....hehehe..
3 Things I Cant do
- Stop crying when I miss family
- Stop calling friends as stupid
- Stop fighting with Harit and Kitty.
3 Things I Think You Should Listen To
- Moms - They are always right!
- Winds on the mountain top
3 Things I Think You Should Never Listen To
- Ganesh singing, his recorded songs or his songs over the phone!
- People forcing their ideas on you.
- Death metal.
3+3 Absolute Favorite Foods
- Curdrice with gooseberry pickle that Amma makes
- Pani puri/ Golgappa
- Paneer Butter Masala
- My sister's experimental dishes
- Chocolates - MnMs/Gems
Hungry now :(
3 Things I’d Like to Learn
- Driving in USA
- Setting up a tent and starting a camp fire.
3 Beverages I Drink Regularly
- Orange juice
- Orange juice
- Orange Juice....and i still like it...never get bored of it.
3 Shows I Watched as a Kid
- Potlibaba ki kahaani on DD. (puppet show)
- He-Man/ Duck tails/Jungle book
- Mind your Language
Friday, April 11, 2008
I watched a piece of leaf
That’s torn apart in the winter;
Pushed by time to distant places
To places barren, with no shelter.
It’s made to face bad weather,
It’s not in the place it’s supposed to be,
Or is it where it was destined?
On the roof top, beside the chimney.
I watched it see the world from there,
Top view, as it is called;
Now, it had a better view than on the tree
From where the winds had it hauled.
Though the chimney protected -
From the winds of east, the piece,
It was not long before the snow storm
Put it on the ground with ease.
Next sunny morning, I see, with glee
Right on the spot where the leaf-piece fell,
A sapling, green, small and shiny
Sprouted through the melting snow, so tiny,
And I wonder if the leaf torn apart
Gave this life a new start!
Friday, March 28, 2008
It seemed like a usual day in office, things were progressing at their own speed, and then suddenly my mother woke me up. "Wake up dear, or else you will miss the bus" she said. That is when I realized that a usual day to office and in office can only be a dream. My days are sometimes unusual, at times strange, other times abnormal and always atypical. I was just about to start thinking a little deeper, something that I do rarely, into this topic that crept into my head, when Amma's voice punched my ear. The voice from the kitchen at 6:45 am on a weekday yelling at me to get out of bed is something that is common, but the words used are always diverse. These words run across the animal kingdom - from a tiny insect like cockroach to a lazy buffalo, and are used alternatively in Tamil and Kannada. I ran to the kitchen to tell her that I am alive, awake and running around, which made her get back to her chores.
My dad drops me to the bus stop everyday and he has an adventure almost daily. Like a typical dad, he used to ride slowly, carefully and patiently before I started to motivate, kindle and pester him to ride super fast while chasing the Wipro bus. After negotiating with mom on the adequate quantity of breakfast for me, which differs for different types of breakfast, I ran downstairs to hop on to the bike where Appa was waiting for a long time. Appa had to do dirt bike racing and I finally caught the bus due to the proficient driving skills that he had acquired from the practice I had given him from the past one year. Even without looking at my dad's face (Cannot see his eyes and ears turned red with anger) I said "Thanks Pa" and ran into the bus.
My bus pal was waiting for me to start a fresh topic of debate in the BTM, Hosur and EC traffic jams. A funny fight about something new is an ideal kick start for a day in an otherwise boring bus where most people sleep or gravely brood over world economic growth. Today we spoke about death metal and how disgustingly melodious it is. I descended from the bus without falling down or hurting my limbs, which by itself is a rare event, and hurried to the customary breakfast with friends. Breakfast time is the break/spill and laugh time. I discover an indigenous and innovative way to encounter a food accident, day after day. The more careful I get, more carelessly food or juice spills and invariably on the person next to me.
After breakfast, I walked into my office to find my teammates all equipped to battle a new error or a hardware catastrophe. I started the project application and Lo!